To participate in the competency activities and receive feedback from your instructor, you will need to have access to a video camera (on the phone or other device of familiarity) and be able to upload the video as an .mp4 file to the assignment pages for review. These activities are required in order to successfully pass the course.
A certifying exam can only be scheduled if the following criteria have been met:
- 18(+) years old with a high school education or equivalent
- Passed criminal background check
- Passed abuse registry check
- Completion of a 40-hour training course
- Successfully complete an RBT initial competency assessment
- Approved application from BACB
In order to complete your certification application process, you are required to create an account with the BACB and obtain a BACB ID number. Your BACC ID will be used on all documentation submitted as part of your BACB application.
Effective January 1, 2023, only individuals who reside in the United States (US), Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom (UK) may apply for BACB certification.